The Poisons Information Line

The Poisons Information Line - 13 11 26

This week I chatted to our resident First Aid and safety expert, Nataly from Wonderwoman Children, about poisons around the house and the poisons information line.

I chose this weeks topic, as two weeks ago I found myself calling this line after my daughter was found with about 10 children's multi-vitamins in her mouth. I caught her and made her spit them out! What horrified me though was when I checked the bottle of 60 tablets that I had purchased 2-weeks earlier, and not really used, there was only 2 vitamins left. She had eaten 58 of them over the course of two weeks!

I hadn't bothered to check the bottle (which was up high in a cupboard) as I didn't think I needed to.

These were just general children's multi-vitamins, so nothing lethal. However I still called the line just to be sure as these particular tablets do contain iron and I was not sure about the safe levels for a 6-year old.

She was fine. I was upset! We eat a very wholesome diet full of wholefoods and lots of water, so I have since decided we don't really need to supplement.

When I delved into this topic a little more in preparation for my interview with Nataly I discovered that one of the most common poisons is actually paracetamol liquid. Others include cleaning products, perfumes, shampoos, batteries and plants.

You can take a listen to our conversation here...

Attending First Aid that are adapted for children is great for Mums, Dads, Carers and any family who look after young children, or anyone really!

Visit Wonderwoman Children for more information.